Everywhere in the apartment lurk dangers for a small curious person. The little ones want to touch everything, pull it down, throw it over or put it in their mouths. In order to make your apartment child-proof, we have listed the biggest dangers for babies on this page and explained how accidents can be effectively prevented.
General tips to make your apartment childproof
Before we go into the individual rooms and the dangers lurking there, here are a few general tips that should be used everywhere in your apartment.
- Be sure to secure all sockets with socket fuses. They pose a high risk throughout the house. Good parental controls for sockets can be found here.
- Make sure all doors are equipped with a doorstop. Alternatively, you can of course always close them.
- Falling on the stairs can have fatal consequences for small children. Secure all stairs with a special grid. The best stair gates can be found here: Children’s Stair Gate Test, Comparison & Buying Guide
- Lock all windows with a window lock. Once children have figured out how a window opens, it is a source of danger for them.
Dangers in the bathroom
In the bathroom, it is particularly important to pay attention to slippery surfaces, bathroom cabinets with cleaning agents and electrical appliances such as hairdryers, straighteners, and shaving operate. In addition, your baby can cause damage to fingernail scissors, razors, and cosmetics. How to make your bathroom baby-safe:
- Never leave your baby alone in the bathroom. Always keep a watchful eye.
- Close away all potential hazards (mentioned above). Use cabinet or drawer parental controls for this.
- Keep in mind that even items that are in the trash can still pose a danger. Getting disposable razors or the like in the garbage is therefore not a good idea.
- Get used to always close the toilet lid. If necessary, you can lock the toilet with a baby toilet lock.
- Take your child by the hand while running or make sure that the floor is not slippery. Falls in the bathroom can have serious consequences..
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_controls /By Wikipedia
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parenting /By Wikipedia
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_protection /By Wikipedia
- https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-Off-Parental-Controls /By Wikihow