The use of glass baby bottles is growing in popularity in the modern world. You will not be surprised to find several baby bottles on the market. As a new parent, you need to understand the features of the best glass baby bottles before purchasing one.
Most modern glass baby bottles have handles to encourage baby self-feeding. Today’s glass baby bottles are manufactured with sturdy glass to mitigate the risks of breaking. In other words, glass baby bottles are generally better than their plastic counterparts.
In this article, you will get to understand all the advantages and disadvantages of glass baby bottles, and some of the best features you are likely to find in glass baby bottles.
Advantages of Glass Baby Bottles
Features of the Best Glass Baby Bottles
Disadvantages of Glass Baby Bottles
- Breakable: Glass baby bottles are very fragile and can break when you dropped on a hard surface. Some glasses are reinforced with silicone sleeves to minimize the risks of breakage, but they can still break.
Companies have come up with glass bottles that disintegrate into rounded pebbles when they break rather than sharp glass pieces to minimize injuries that broken glass bottles cause. To mitigate such risks, you need to be careful when handling glass bottles.
- Heavyweight: Glass baby bottles are generally heavier than their plastic counterparts. Your baby may find it difficult to carry the glass bottles. If your baby can carry the bottle, the chances are high that the baby can drop the bottle and break it.
- Expensive: Glass baby bottles are typically more costly than plastic baby bottles. But because they can last for a long, they are cheaper than the plastic ones in the long run. Plastic baby bottles have to be replaced every time they wear out.
Things to Consider When Looking For the Best Glass Baby Bottles
- Bottle Capacity: Glass baby bottles have different capacities. You should buy a bottle that will suit your baby’s feeding frequency. The frequency changes depending on age. For instance, a newborn’s feeding bottle should be a 4-ounce bottle and not an 8-ounce one.
- Bottle Design: Glass baby bottles are available in different designs. Such models include standard, angle-necked, disposable, vented, and wide-necked baby bottles. You should choose a design that will best work for you and your baby.
- Bottle Cost: Various brands of glass baby bottles vary in terms of price. A cheaper but quality glass baby bottle will be good for your budget. Sometimes high prices do not mean that a product is of high quality.
- Nipple Design: When buying a glass baby bottle, you should check if it has a nipple with the features you need. Different nipples have different materials, size, shape, and flow rates.
- Glass Weight: Generally, glass baby bottles are heavy, but you can still find the lightest one amongst them when purchasing.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_bottle /By Wikipedia
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_milk_bottle /By Wikipedia
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_bottle /By Wikipedia
- https://www.wikihow.com/Sterilize-Glass-Baby-Bottles /By Wikihow
- https://www.wikihow.mom/Choose-Bottles-for-Your-Baby /By Wikihow
- https://www.wikihow.mom/Pick-Baby-Bottles /By Wikihow
- https://www.wikihow.life/Bottle-Feed-Babies /By Wikihow