Is Nursery water for babies safe or not?
Until 6 months of age, breastfeeding is the best option for babies but their nutritional requirements increase when they cross their 6-month lifespan and for this purpose, mothers usually choose infant formulas but face trouble in selecting the best nursery water for preparing infant formula. They have many questions in their mind related to nursery water for babies such as how long to use nursery water for babies? Is fluorine in nursery water bad for babies? Is nursery purified water safe for their babies or not? So, here is the guide in which all queries related to the nursery water for babies are explained.
⮚ TYPES OF WATER USED AS NURSERY WATER:
1. TAP WATER: In most families, tap water is used on regular basis and it might be effective for other members but not for babies. One must boil the tap water at 70 degrees and can use it after 30 minutes as nursery water for babies after it cools downs to avoid bacterial infections.
2. DISTILLED WATER: Distilled water is one of the best nursery water for babies as it is obtained through condensation removing all the impurities. But it is effective if a formula is added otherwise it may cause electrolyte imbalance because of zero nutrients and minerals in it.
3. BOTTLED WATER: Bottled water is nursery purified water safe for babies because mostly bottles claim for its worthiness but one must still sterilize it and then use it and choose the one which is low in fluorine because excess fluorine in nursery water is bad for babies.
4. WELL WATER: Well water as nursery water is not ok for babies because it is obtained from underground resources and might be contaminated and upon boiling it, some bacteria and viruses still are seen in well water.
5. MINERAL WATER: This option is not the best nursery water for babies as such water contains added minerals and might not be processed. Most of the water claimed as ‘’mineral’’ comes from underground reservoirs.
⮚ FLUORIDE AND NURSERY WATER FOR BABIES:
Fluoride is a mineral that is added in toothpaste to protect dental health but to reach out to a large audience, governments initiated the process and started to add fluorine in water supplies so that it could locally reach our homes. Fluorine in nursery water is not bad for babies but levels greater than 0.7mg/l might be harmful to the babies leading to the yellowing of tooth enamel. To avoid this:
● Use formula milk lower in fluorine levels and then pair it with fluorine water.
● Nursery water with fluorine good for babies but keep an eye on the fluorine level too to avoid dental consequences.
● Use distilled water along with fluorinated level to compensate for the excess quantity of fluorine
● Avoid using such formula milk having high levels of fluorine if you are using fluoridated water to prevent the toxicity of fluorine.
● To keep an eye on the fluorine level in your regular water usage, you can contact the local water supplier company.
⮚ NURSERY WATER PRODUCTS FOR BABIES:
Here are some nursery water products which you can opt for if you wish to do so to ensure the fact that nursery water is good for babies.
1. BABY DRINKING WATER-NURSERY WATER: This is one of the top-rated and best nursery water for babies with added safety fluorine levels. You can go for this option because:
● It is purified water passed through steam distillation ensuring that there is no impurity left in it.
● As it is the purified water in which along with impurities, certain essential minerals are also lost so to compensate for such loss, additional minerals are also added in it.
● It is the purified safe water for babies and can be used with formulas or food products given in the weaning period like cereals.
2. GRIPE WATER BY LITTLE REMEDIES: This is the purified nursery water safe for babies and one can opt for this option because:
● It is a gluten-free product with no artificial flavors, best nursery water for babies facing gluten intolerance.
● It seems to act as a helpful product during bloating and stomach discomforts as faced by the majority of the babies because this is an agave syrup product.
● It is made from the extracts of ginger and fennel seeds which are the best choices for relief from certain kinds of stomach disorders.
3. PURIFIED WATER BY PENTA ULTRA: it is also the best nursery water for babies as it claims to be passed from the 11-hour purification process to maintain the natural pH of water.