Missing out on friend’s get-togethers since your baby’s birth? Longing for those date nights with your husband since long? Has your grandma been waiting to see you because you couldn’t visit her as often lately?
Well, this post might just save you from missing out on all of that with a simple yet life-changing product. Portable high chairs. Yes, you read that right. Portable high chairs help you visit all your favorite restaurants without any worry. Just keep these chairs with you, attach them to the dining table or chair and enjoy outings with your little ones mess freely.
Keep reading to know the 5 best options out there for a baby portable chair and their special features.
Chicco Hook-on High Chair
- This one comes in 5 cute color combinations to allow you to choose your baby’s favorite.
- Material: plastic
- Weight: 9.5 pounds
- Attaches to dining tables
- Attachable tray
- Washable seat cover
- 3 point harness
- As has been mentioned above, these chairs come with an attachable tray and the material is also washable. The foldability just adds to the portability feature and makes usage so much easier. The best feature probably is the attachability to tables because that will always allow your baby to be the same height as the other members on the table.
- Like everything, this chair has its downside too. It can not be attached to every kind of dining table. Beware of attaching it to glass tables, tables that are not 0.75 to 1.5 inches thick, loose top tables, or even card tables. Also, make sure you do not seat your child in it if he weighs more than 37 pounds. A very big flaw could be that children might be able to twist and slip out of it, as some customers have complained. Also, according to customers, it is not as easy to clean as you might like it.
Chicco Pocket Booster Seat
This one is a little different than the Chicco hook-on chair as this one is supposed to be kept on a chair to raise the baby to the table’s level
- Dimensions: 19.25 x 13.5 x 15 inches
- Material: Metal
- Weight: 5.75 pounds
- 3 height positions
- 3 point harness
- Age: 6 months to 36 months
- These come in 2 color options. You can attach these to one of your adult chairs and let your baby have their meal with you without any mess. In fact, if you want the furniture to not take up a lot of your house’s space, this is a brilliant option. Forget those full-size baby chairs, just keep this attached to one of your dining chairs and make that your baby’s permanent spot! The foldability ensures portability. It has also got anti-slip feet so you can rest assured your apple’s eye is safe and secure.
- Like all the other chairs, this one has a weight and age restriction too. Make sure your baby is not more than 50 lbs. it can not be attached to any chair. The chair has to be 14 inches in width and depth-wise for the seat to be able to harness properly. The straps are not washable. The food might get into the crevices which might make it difficult to clean.
Joovy Nook High Chair
This one is yet again different from both the above-mentioned ones. It stands on its own with its foldable legs.
- Dimensions: 32 x 23.5 x 41 inches
- Weight: 14.9 pounds
- Removable tray
- Four adjustable tray positions
- Tray includes dishwasher safe insert
- Five-point harness
- Maximum child weight: 50 pounds
- Child age: 6 months and more
- 21 inches wide tray
- Leather seat
- The biggest advantage of this chair is that it does not need to be attached to any table or chair. Just swing it open and place your child in it securely. You can use it on the beach, in your home, and practically anywhere. The compact structure also makes it very kitchen-friendly if you are concerned about space. Not to forget it comes in 5 bright colors to delight your baby. The leather seat makes them very comfortable and easy to clean. Also, the adjustable tray positions allow you to keep using the chair for a long time as your baby grows. Another great feature is the tray insert which makes cleaning so much easier.
- The height of the chair itself can not be adjusted. This can be a little problematic if your table is a different height than the chair. I mentioned above that the leather seat is easy to clean, however, the strap that secures the baby by attaching across the chest is not removable which makes it almost impossible to clean. Unsurprisingly, that part being the closest to the baby and possibly the most prominent on the child’s clothes makes this the biggest flaw of the design and might outweigh all the other pros for some people.
Regalo Portable Travel High Chair
This portable folding chair can be attached to a chair or even used on its own.
- Dimensions: 16 x 6 x 6 inches
- Weight: 2 kgs
- Material: nylon
- Removable tray
- Comes with travel bag
- Child age: 9 months to 36 months
- Maximum child weight supported: 37 pounds
- This one is a multitasker. You can attach it to your dining chair or you could just keep it on the ground on its own and enjoy the beautiful beach with your family. The waterproof nylon seat and the ventilating mesh walls make it super easy to clean. It also comes with a travel bag so you can carry it anywhere with ease.
- If you use it without attaching it to a chair the height of this portable chair itself is just high enough that you’d have to sit on the ground too. So it might not be as outdoor-friendly as you might like it to be. Also, this one is good for slightly older kids, that is 9 to 36 months old.
Features To Consider
Our little ones are very delicate and the source of our joys. Thus, whenever purchasing a product for them, make sure it fits in all the safety standards and criteria and has been certified by Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA).
What would be the point of buying the product if your baby isn’t comfortable in it? Please make sure that whichever company’s product you buy its structure and material are comfortable for your baby.
Since these chairs have to be used by baby diners, easy cleaning is one of the most important factors to consider.
Make sure you follow the usage guidelines especially the ones regarding weight, age, and height-related. This is critical for your child’s safety.