Children play with babies toys and learn different skills. The first year in a child’s life is critical; it is when a child is growing at the fastest speed. They learn new things, get acquainted with their parents and family members, and every single day, they try to do something new. Baby toys assist them with their learning process. For example, A cute little rattle makes them learn to tighten their grip and shake it to hear beautiful noise.
Toys are, no doubt, an incredible tool for helping to raise a happy and sharp baby. At an early age, the toys you choose develop learning, language, and motor skills. It also helps to develop cognitive thinking, social, and safety skills. While visiting the market, you will find thousands of trendy toys that look cute and attractive. Before buying, take a few minutes to decide that they will or will not help in the child development process – and what will be the effect of these toys on your little one nourishment process.
Toys for babies are fun; they are good to keep your child busy, and they learn by playing. You may need to provide a different toy for the other age groups to boost their development process. Children learn about themselves and the people around them with these little symbols of love. Please give them a toy and play along to enjoy and help them achieve their physical milestones quickly. Playing and teaching are fun, and it is not complicated at all. Lay them down on the floor to read and play with them will leave incredible impacts on your child’s growth.
Baby’ growth milestones:
The first six months of a baby are very crucial; they reach a new milestone every two months, so you need to be extra careful while selecting toys for them. Here is a little guide on your baby’s crucial milestone and which toys can help them have fun along with significant help for reaching the milestone.
It is a phase when your child is getting accustomed to a new world. Their color visibility sense and the brain is in the full development process. In this period, they are generally learning:
- Making eye contact and following the object, they are shown with their eyes.
- Holding up their head by themselves.
- Improving hearing skills and turn their heads when they hear voices, especially recognizing their parent’s voice.
- Gurgling and cooing.
Toys: There are many toys you can use; for instance, holding a soft plush toy and playing with it will help their core visual development process and help achieve head and neck movement control.
It is time for your baby to reach another milestone, and now they will learn:
- Smiling randomly sometimes, you might get your little one social smiling, which is quite adorable.
- They learn from their observing skills, and they love to copy facial expressions.
- Language skill is also developing, and now you will get used to beautiful babbling.
- Babies will try to reach for toys with one hand.
- They suddenly roll from tummy to back.
- They learn to shake and move hands and love to do with their favorite toy.
Best Toy: Many toys can fit in the category, but the one they might love the most could be a rattle. They can hold it and shake it and get awed by the noises. It will help them tighten their grip.
Babies from four to the sixth month:
At this stage, they learn many new things, for instance:
- Looking in the mirror and getting to know how they look.
- Respond to their names and turn to see who is calling.
- Develop curiosity over objects and toys, and also they love chewing their toys.
- It is time for them to pass toys from one hand to another.
- Roll in both directions
- It is time to learn to sit without support.
Toys: A game of peek-a-boo will be their favorite. You can also pass them a colorful book and read it to them; it will help them learn complex social development and object permanence concepts. It will also help them develop their language skills.
Here are a few baby toys that can prove to be quite helpful and fun for your little ones. You can buy them online and start playing with your baby.
1. Lamaze Play & Grow Freddie the Firefly
It is one of the best toys for babies 0-6 months. The cute adorable firefly is created in conjunction with child development experts. Babies love colors, patterns, and textures – a bright color peek-a-boo mirror, a crinkle, or soft toy is their first love. Choose from a wide variety of animal ranges like octopus, peacock, or dragon, which is full of bright colors and happy faces to pay your baby. It is the right choice for newborn baby toys. Hang it on their stroller or car seats – and so on, it will be their favorite playtime companion.
Check Prices On Amazon
- Rings awaken the auditory senses, and teether helps them to soothe their baby gums.
- The firefly’s body is soft, and multiple colors and textures keep them engaged for a long time.
- It is one of those interactive toys which will keep your baby engage; a mirror helps them to learn, focus, explore face, and track the images.
- The toy comes with a clip-on. So now you can hook it to strollers, carriers, and bag and carry the fun everywhere you go.
- The jingle sound keeps the baby engages and entertains and also helps to catch attention.
- It can get dirty, so you may need to clean or wash it.
2. Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Learning Cube
Wimmer-Ferguson toys are an incredible soft cube for your babies. From 0-6 month’s baby sight is significantly developing. A Manhattan cube is quite helpful; it is a multi-sensory cube in high contrast images, and baby will adore beautiful images on all sides of the cube. The soft material helps them to hold it properly, and they will keep engaged with it.
Check Prices On Amazon
- The Black and white color toy is one of the awards winning infant toy for babies. It helps in visual development by featuring a variety of designs and color complexity. It is based on inspiring laboratory research.
- The cube is made for baby hands; it is soft and measures according to baby’s grips. It helps nurture cause and effect on their clutching skills learning process. It helps them to grip tightly with ease and play with it.
- The color combination and images are highly contrasted and a much suitable choice for infants. Babies are developing their visual appearance, and the color combination is bright and light that helps them develop the difference between colors and encourages them in learning pattern recognition from the start.
- The cube is made after considering all the little details. It is equally suitable for a six-month baby and a newborn one. The cube includes six sides of hands-on development activities. It has crinkle paper, an elephant trunk, rattle, squeaker, teething ring, peek-a-boo flaps, baby-safe mirror, and ribbons.
- It is all in one type of baby toys for your little angel. The toy feels good to touch, and the child might not get bored by so much variety on one tiny cube.
- There is no hanging hook, so it is not the right choice to take everywhere.
3. The Play Gym by Lovevery; Stage-Based Developmental Activity Gym & Play Mat for Baby to Toddler
It is a lovely playing mat for your babies from 0-6 months. Placing your baby on an activity mat is suitable for their tummies and a comfortable choice for everyone. It is, in fact, a lovely playing gym for your newborn. It is designed and made after research and consideration of your babies.
Check Prices On Amazon
- When your kid is going from the early development process, they are going through learning lots of things in one time. There is nothing more important than your baby’s physical, visual, motor and cognitive learning. The Play Gym will provide the company and assistance from 0-12 months in this whole learning process.
- The Play gym has 5 Montessori-inspired development zones that help them teach, focus, sound making, encourage sensory exploration and learning more colors.
- It is a great play gym where your baby will learn through playing, and a guide with a play mat will help to promote age-appropriate activities and games to develop brain and motor skills.
- The play gym also includes removable toys like a teether and a learning card set.
- Play gym is safe for babies and crafted with 100% baby-safe materials. It only takes 2 minutes to build the setup and takedown with no tools required.
- The Play Mat is machine washable material and tested to be non-toxic and baby safe.
- The only drawback is its high price.
4. Baby Einstein Bendy Ball Rattle Toy
It is a cute little rattle for your little genius. Rattles are staples in any baby’s toy box, and this little rattle will become their first ball and first rattle too. The large finger holes in the round ball and bendable plastic make it easy for your infant to grab it and shake. The beautiful jingle sound will keep rolling across the floor. It is one of the best toys for your bay three months and older to help practice their finger motor gripping skills, and due to its unique size, you can take it anywhere.
Check Prices On Amazon
- The size and holes are perfect for your child to grab and play.
- The material is bendable, grip able, and plastic is BPA free.
- It is easy to clean the shackle with wipes.
- Babies will love to shackle and plays all around the house; you will hear a sweet jingling sound everywhere.
- The size and shape make it easy to carry it along; in the diaper bag so your baby can along anywhere.
- If falls again and again it can break easily.
5. Tiny Love Meadow Days Soothe ‘n Groove Baby Mobile
It is a lovely mobile love meadow music. It has forty minutes of repeating sweet melody music and six genres to choose to entertain little ears. You can switch it on any time during their playtime or when they are crying for no reason. The music will help to soothe down your baby at bedtime, and along with the music, they will adore dancing meadow creatures above. It is a perfect music mobile for your growing babies. When they grow enough, you can detach it for the portable, stand-alone toddler music box.
Check Prices On Amazon
- The toy will grow along with your baby. It will be their partner in cribs as a musical mobile, and then it can be removed for more fun and play as a stand-alone music box.
- There are a variety of entertaining choices in the incredible music box. It has six different music options and 18 engaging melodies to entertain, soothe and amuse your little one.
- The music box is an excellent help in soothing and calming down your baby. It has 40 minutes of uninterrupted music, and you can select among calming tunes, or napping tunes or more energetic music for interactive playing. Shuffle the list for fresh listening and different experience every time.
- They will be happy to see the dancing meadows creature above, and it may help them to keep calm and relaxed.
- When it is time to calm down and sleep the soft lights will play a significant role and comfort them during quiet times.
- The price is a little higher.
Baby toys are one of the basic needs of child development. So choose wisely to help them enhance their development process along having fun playing.